New for this year we have completely redesigned this course, added even more materials and now show a short demo of the microwave kiln – a great way, for a small outlay, to allow you to carry on making at home. We also provide an additional set of notes to support the demonstration, and should you desire, we hold stock of this kiln and a starter kit.
Your day with us runs from 10.00 until 16.00 and starts just before 10.00 with coffee and some introductions, followed by some brief but essential health and safety.
We will then work with coloured and dichroic (dichroic has a wonderful shimmer) glasses layering to produce different effects. We’ll bring you more materials (frits,stringers,transfers) and techniques throughout the day and by the end you will have made a number of cabachons (pendants) and, optionally, pairs of earrings, ready for firing. We can usually supply you with the silver plated ‘bails’ to fix to the back of your pieces, for a small extra cost. Your pieces are normally ready within a week. Suitable for beginners.
Our studio facilities are excellent and our teaching enviroment is relaxed, friendly and informal – as well as benefitting from beautiful views over ancient meadow land!
Our course fee includes
- A wide range of materials
- All students have use of their own set of tools for the day
- Tutoring by glass artist Sue Weinstock BA and assistant
- Teaching ratio typically 1:3
- Detailed course notes as well as a downloads section on this website with extra material for course participants.
- Sending on service available if you are unable to collect in person, we charge a modest £10 per person to have your items carefully packed and despatched via recorded delivery to an address of your choice.
We have a blog with pictures and comments on all our recent courses so you don’t have to take our word for it, click here for a look. Meanwhile we hope you can join us on on one of our courses soon, any questions feel free to contact us – we’re very friendly!
The days course is priced at £65 and includes a reasonable amount of materials and refreshments.